Why Choose Platinum For A Wedding Band
Platinum is a popular and certainly the most luxurious choice for jewelry. Why choose platinum for your wedding band? Here are a few reasons you should consider.
There are so many great qualities. Here are the most popular selling points.
- Platinum is hypoallergenic making it ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- It is one of the strongest, longest lasting metals.
- Platinum is one of the more resistant metals in terms of tarnish.
- Platinum offers a beautiful luster that is almost white in appearance which is pleasing to the eye. This white luster is also helpful for diamond settings. When a ring uses yellow gold for the band, some of that color might be reflected into the diamond and diminish the brilliance. With platinum, the diamond stays clear and beautiful.
- It doesn’t lose metal when scratched in the way other metals do. When other metals are scratched, they lose tiny deposits of the metal whereas a platinum metal ring will not lose the metal. The metal simply becomes displaced in the ring. This means that any scratches can be removed in a platinum ring with the use of a high-quality polish to restore the ring to its original state of beauty.
- Platinum won’t turn green the way silver will over time. It keeps the white luster for years.
- It won’t crack. Some metals are more vulnerable to cracks in their design, but platinum is too dense for that to be an issue.
- Wedding bands made of platinum are resistant to damage caused by exposure to chemicals such as sulfuric and hydrochloric acids.
- It is a metal that will hold its value for years to come. Platinum is rare and that rarity means that it will never lose value the way gold fluctuates.
- Platinum bands will never lose their shape or wear away near the stone setting so there will be less need to have bands repaired.
- This type of metal will always be popular because of the value. Platinum wedding bands will never go out of style or become outdated. When you choose a platinum band, you will never need to change it for a more modern ring.
There are many reasons to choose platinum for your big commitment. At Joy Jewelers, we have a diverse collection of platinum rings and bands in a variety of widths, finishes and profiles.
Some of our suppliers use 100% recycled platinum. This is certified by Scientific Certification Systems (SCS) a third party firm that audits the factories that make the rings we sell.
Do you have specific questions that aren't answered here? Please read our platinum ring faq