Why Wear The Miraculous Medal
If you are wondering, why wear the miraculous medal, there are a few compelling reasons to consider adding it to your look. Many people incorrectly assume they are only worn by Catholics. While they are a very popular piece of jewelry for Catholics, they can also be worn by anyone for a variety of reasons. Here are a few reasons to wear a miraculous medal.
- It is a daily reminder of your faith. Since it is used to show the connection between the Blessed Mother and an individual seeking her grace, it is a good way to remind yourself to honor that special grace every day. It is also a way to remember the distinct place your religious beliefs hold in your life.
- It is a famous symbol beloved around the world. You should choose your jewelry choices based on what holds significance for you, not what is popular. However, this symbol is recognized around the world so it is an easy way to show the world your religious affiliation without ever speaking a word when traveling.
- The miraculous medal has been worn by some of the most influential people in the world. Mother Teresa, a nun known for her charitable lifestyle, was known to give these medals to people she met. She called it a sign of God's love for each individual and used it as a reminder of the importance of charitable deeds in the name of that love. The world's fastest man, Usain Bolt, also wore a gold miraculous medal during all of his record breaking races.
- It is a reminder to ask for help. The rays coming from Mary's hands do not reach the entire globe. This is to symbolize the grace most people forget to ask for in their daily life. The medal is a reminder that you need to turn to your faith for help, even when you think you may not need any extra help.
- There are claims that it has special powers. When the nun, Catherine Labouré, had her vision of the Virgin Mary, she reported that Mary told her to create these medals because, “All who wear them will receive great graces.” This belief is one of the leading reasons many people choose to wear the miraculous medal.
Do you have specific questions that aren't answered here? Please read our jewelry guide