How to Replace a Class Ring in 5 Steps
Here are a few tips on how to replace a class ring in 5 steps. Protect this special investment the right way. It is pretty common for a class ring to go missing. The key to how to replace a replace ring is to follow the right steps. Here are things to keep in mind on how to replace this precious memento.
- Where did you purchase it? If purchased from a retailer, contact the retailer. If at school, contact the school. Some retailers may offer a warranty on certain styles of class rings, so it is best to check to see if your ring was purchased under such a guarantee. If a replacement is not in the plan, by contacting the original manufacturer, many times you can find the exact ring style and customize it to replicate your original ring.
- Find pictures of the ring you lost, or ask a friend from your high school for theirs. This will help you to determine the exact details of the ring you lost to create the replica.
- Look inside the ring for a hallmark. There are only a few class ring companies such as ArtCarved, Gold Lance, Herff Jones, and Jostens. These designers usually imprint the inside of the band with their hallmark. This will help you determine the manufacturer you need to contact to create the replica or inquire about replacement programs. If you do not have a ring available, you can also look at the school yearbook from the year you graduated. Many times, they will have an advertisement for the company they used to create the rings that year which will help you narrow down your search.
- Contact the manufacturer and see if they have your name in their system. This is a good way to check in on warranties. It may also help you figure out the design of the ring you originally owned.
- Still stumped? Shop our website for ring styles that most resemble the ring! Sometimes, you will need to simply buy a new ring because there is no warranty or replacement option in place. With our selection of styles and customization options, we can easily create a class ring that is as similar as possible to the original ring.